ADSM-L

Tape Unit and Library

2000-03-30 02:11:52
Subject: Tape Unit and Library
From: Julie Bodley <Julie.Bodley AT CELSIUSTECH.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:41:52 +0930
Hi all,

Can anyone shed some light on what is wrong here.

I am trying to add a IBM tape drive and robotics to ADSM v3.1 on a RS6000
R50 machine AIX 4.1.5.
The devices are defined to AIX as:

smc0  Available  00-03-01-6,0  IBM 7337 Tape Medium Changer
rmt1   Available  00-03-01-4,0  IBM 7331  Differential SCSI DLT Tape Drive

When I use SMIT to try to add them to ADSM I get the following error
message:

The information provided to this configuration command was not adequate to
uniquely identify the device. Provide more device
information then the following:   adsmtape/scsi/ADSM-SCSI-MT

I have tried to do it also on the command line as:

mkdev -c adsmtape -t 'ADSM-SCSI-MT' -s 'scsi' -l 'mt1' -p 'vscsi3' -w '4,0'

This brings me to the same message.

Could it mean a microcode update? Does anyone know where I can get this
info?

Thanks in advance.

CelsiusTech Australia Pty Ltd
Ph +61 8 8343 3748  Fax +61 8 8343 3776