ADSM-L

ADSM server hang

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Subject: ADSM server hang
From: Valeriano Bassi [SMTP:Valeriano.Bassi AT SSB DOT IT]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi there,
after moving to .50 version from a very stable .20 one, on my OS/390 V2R6
ADSM
Server I had a strange problem.
Sometimes, the ADSM server doesn't accept any session from the clients; they
all
ends with msgs:

TcpOpen: TCP/IP error connecting to server.
 sessOpen: Failure in communications open call. rc: -50
 ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

I'm not able to connect to the server neither via command prompt nor using
the
Web Admin client.
The only thing I'm able to do is sending commands through the MVS console
but Q
SESS shows
no session active. I opened a pmr with IBM support centre, they suggest me
keep a TCPINFO trace
and increase MAXSESSION parameter.
When it happens, the only thingh to do is close/reopen of the ADSM server
(not
very good).
Anyone has an idea?
Thanks in advance

Best regards
Valeriano Bassi          valeriano.bassi AT ssb DOT it