ADSM-L

Re: The turtle and the rabbit

2000-03-29 09:09:33
Subject: Re: The turtle and the rabbit
From: Clint Placette <Clint.Placette AT FDC-INVEST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:09:33 -0500
Gabriel,

Look at your NIC card settings.  Check to see if you are using auto select for
duplex and media type.  These can have a profound effect on transfer speeds.  We
ran into this problem a year ago.  If your router is full duplex your server NIC
should be the same.  Also When we set our NIC's to 100Mb we saw a major change.
Make sure you have the latest tcp/Ip drivers.  Now after saying all that you
will need to experiment because depending on your NIC manufacturer, ip driver
and NIC setting you will get different results then we did.  Also 8 monthsago
when we added the 3.06 NT agent  our transfer speeds when down drastically.
When we change the duplex to auto we saw the transfer rate increase.  We later
found out that there had been some router changes.