ADSM-L

Re: The turtle and the rabit

2000-03-29 09:04:51
Subject: Re: The turtle and the rabit
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:04:51 -0500
>Two of my NT servers have the same hardware.
>The slowest server is about 30 times slower on network transfer rate!

>03/29/2000 00:28:54 Objects compressed by:                   -1%

Gabriel - If this is consistently the case, you may want to check with
          your network people, as there may be a configuration conflict
with the port that the "turtle" is connected to, as various other ADSM-L
folks have reported in the past.

And don't overlook negative numbers like you have in your backup summary.
This is the result of having COMPRESSAlways be No, which means that if
a file grows in compression, the whole transaction has to be repeated
(not just the one file in the Aggregate).  That certainly slows things
down.
      Richard Sims, BU