ADSM-L

Re: Can ADSM submit job in MVS ? Possible to create GDG in MVS from ADSM ?

2000-03-27 09:18:17
Subject: Re: Can ADSM submit job in MVS ? Possible to create GDG in MVS from ADSM ?
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:18:17 +0000
Paul,
In an MVS shop you will normally have a tape management system, such as DFRMM.
ADSM can be set up so that your tape device classes have different data set name
prefix for the tapes you want to go offsite, this can then be picked up by your
tape management system.This can be tied in to your robot to eject the ADSM tapes
to go offsite as required.  Talk to your storage management (sms) sysprog if you
have one or to your mvs sysprogs for how to do this.
You can use dfdss or iebgener to backup your volhist and devconf to tape but
again this should be discussed with your storage management/mvs sysprogs as it
should all be part of your site DR plan
Do not think you can backup direct to a gdg via ADSM, but of course you can copy
to a gdg (iebgener) if you want.
John

Paul Van De Vijver <Paul.Van.De.Vijver AT HONDA-EU DOT COM> on 24/03/2000
12:59:43