ADSM-L

Reclamation of offsite volumes

2000-03-26 23:59:35
Subject: Reclamation of offsite volumes
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:59:35 +1000
Dear  *SM people,

Further to my submission a week or so ago I thought I'd update you on what
I found when looking closely at the success of offsite reclamation.
It turns out that like Marian, I have a number of volumes which are only
reclaimed very slowly, and some which are not reclaimed at all. Over the
period of a week I had 6 eligible volumes of which 3 were partly reclaimed
(just a few percent) and another 3 were not reclaimed at all. And this is
in spite of allowing the offsite reclamation process to always run as long
as it wanted (ie I never killed the process).

These troublesome volumes will be brought back in order to manually move
their data. (I'm on ADSM 3.1.2.40).
Regards,

Eric Winters
IBM Global Services Australia