ADSM-L

adding 2nd magstar

2000-03-24 16:09:42
Subject: adding 2nd magstar
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:09:42 -0800
We currently have two backup storage pools (disk pools). One backup storage
pool is for the UNIX clients while the other is for the Novell Clients. Each
is roughly 135GB in size and both are migrating to a tapepool which is a
Magstar 3570.

Next week we?ll be adding a 2nd Magstar 3570. As far as I understand it, I
will have to create a 2nd tapepool which means ill then have to set the NEXT
storage pool (for migration) on one of the two backup storage pools to my
new tapepool. Is this ok? Say I move the Novell clients to migrate to the
new tapepool from here on out. What affect is that going to have on the fact
that there is already Novell client data on the first tapepool? I suspect
the answer is no effect.. but I want to be sure I?m not overlooking
something here or that there isn?t a better way to utilize this second
magstar.

Thanks!

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer