ADSM-L

SQL error

2000-03-23 16:53:13
Subject: SQL error
From: Joel Cooper <jocooper AT DTTUS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:53:13 -0600
Should my SQL DBA beable to restore SQL DBs through SQL Enterprise Manager (SQL
7, TDP SQL 1.1.2)? The TSM backed up devices show up under the restore dialogue
box in the Enterprise Manager. He thinks he was able to under ADSM Connect Agent
and SQL 6.5.

It seems to me it would be an API call back to the TDP agent and that doesn't
seem like it would work, to me.

When he tries this, he gets " Cannot open backup device
'TDPSQL-sqladsm-2000141129-5490'. Device error or device off-line. See the SQL
Server error log for more details. Backup or restore operation terminating
abnormally."

He can restore in the TSM TDP GUI.

Thanks,

Joel Cooper