ADSM-L

Too many copies of a file....

2000-03-23 15:39:45
Subject: Too many copies of a file....
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT NISA.GC DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:39:45 -0600
hi folks,

I wondering if I'm making extra copies of my files.

I have a storage pool hierarchy set up, with 2 disks pool and 2 primary tape
pools and a copy tape pool.

The two disk pools are DISKDATA_BACKUP and DISKDATA_ARCHIVE,
the primary tape pools are BACKUP and ARCHIVE,
the copy pool is OFFSITE.

All the clients backup to DISKDATA_BACKUP (archive to DISKDATA_ARCHIVE). I have
a max file size of 512 MB.

Every night after the backup, I backup DISKDATA_BACKUP and DISKDATA_ARCHIVE to
OFFSITE.

I then migrate DISKDATA_BACKUP and DISKDATA_ARCHIVE to BACKUP and ARCHIVE
respectively.

And my question is, when I backup BACKUP and ARCHIVE to OFFSITE, I'm I making
duplicate copies of my files? I do this because there may be files larger than
512 MB that get backed up.

Miles

Miles Purdy, System Manager
Miles Purdy, System Manager