ADSM-L

SELECT version of BACK STG PREVIEW=YES?

2000-03-23 13:17:54
Subject: SELECT version of BACK STG PREVIEW=YES?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT NERSP.NERDC.UFL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:17:54 -0500
Greetings, all.

In my continuing quest to instrument ADSM out the wazoo, I want to figure out
wether my copy pools are all up to date.  I am accustomed to using

backup stgpool foo-tape foo-C1 preview=yes wait=yes

for this information.  However my monitoring software runs under the auspices
of a "information-only" user whose administrative rights are such that I feel
comfortable leaving their password in plaintext in a file.

This user, of course, can't back up a stgpool.

I'd like to get "the same" information out of a query, if I can.  I'll do the
math if nobody else has, (and post it back to the list if it works) but I
thought I'd send up a flare first.

Anyone?

Allen S. Rout
NERDC ADTSM admin