ADSM-L

Question on updating copygroups mid-stream

2000-03-23 12:36:51
Subject: Question on updating copygroups mid-stream
From: "Jones, Bernard" <bernard_jones AT MERCK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:36:51 -0500
In ADSM we have defined a node to use copygroup "A". After numerous
months of backup with copygroup "A" we realize that we made a mistake
where the copygroup should really be "B".  If we make the change to
copygroup "B" via an update command today, will we have the ability,
going forward, to recover any of our data from the old copygroup "A".
This may sound like a trivial question, but our main e-commerce
server is the node that we are discussing and if we cannot recover
from the old copygroup once we make this update we are in trouble.

Thanks,
Bernard A. Jones
Manager Storage Administration
(201) 703 - 7009