ADSM-L

Re: Help on Backing Up Clustered Disks or Why are disks not visib le t o BS client

2000-03-23 11:09:15
Subject: Re: Help on Backing Up Clustered Disks or Why are disks not visib le t o BS client
From: Arturo Lopez <arturo.lopez AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:09:15 -0600
Gary,

Have you included clusternode yes in the cluster.opt file for each logical
node on the cluster.  One option is to create a schedule for each logical
drive shared by the cluster.  Once you create the schedule for each drive on
each node you can then add the generic service to the cluster administrator.
Ex.. I have a cluster server called MECLUSTER, It has two nodes that compose
the cluster.  ME1 & ME2  I must create a clustere.opt clusterf.opt
clusterg.opt.....so on and so on for each logical cluster drive. This
schedule must be repeated for each node that can take ownership of the
cluster.

 Once you create the schedule for each cluster logical drive you are backing
up,  then you have to go back and create the generic service for each
schedule using cluster administrator.  This will allow failover to occur if
one of the nodes has a problem.   I used 3.1.0.8, on gotcha is that you must
reboot the server after installation of 3.1.0.8,  I had a problem of
schedule not recognizing the clusternode yes option.  There is a good
MS_Cluster.PDF that will provide detailed descriptions on installation.

Remember to use the new options for cluster server.

D:\adsm\baclient>dsmcutil install /name:"ADSM_F /clientdir:d:\adsm\baclient
/optfile:d:\adsm\baclient\clusterf.opt /group:pfilecluster /clusternode:yes
/node:pfilecluster_f /password:pfilecluster_f

I did not use the /autostart:yes option because I have the NT Cluster
Administrator handling that option.

Good Luck

Arturo Lopez