ADSM-L

Re: AUDITDB Undocumented Options

2000-03-22 11:40:23
Subject: Re: AUDITDB Undocumented Options
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:40:23 -0500
>Can anyone tell me if there is a reference somewhere detailing the =
>undocumented options for the AUDITDB utility?

Caution - Things which are undocumented are also unsupported.  There is
no information available to you which claims that the function will do
any certain thing, no advisory of conditions under which it can be
properly used, and no list of side effects.  Things like that should not
be used on production resources without the direction of vendor technicians
who are working with you on a problem.  Many of these things are ad hoc
fixit tools written to handle specific circumstances and are not
necessarily complete or safe.  In short, don't casually use such commands
or options.
   Richard Sims, BU