ADSM-L

Re: NT client, mgmt classes, C: vs D:

2000-03-22 11:24:48
Subject: Re: NT client, mgmt classes, C: vs D:
From: Cris Robinson <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:24:48 -0500
Oooooh!

That there be alot of versions son. I don't think I want the sorted story
behind that.

anyway, I would consider changing a few things, but to answer your question
I would bind each drive to a management class in the dsm.opt file with a
line like this:
INCLUDE \\machinename\C$\...\* USERDATACLASS
INCLUDE \\machinename\D$\...\* DEFAULTCLASS

this should bind the respective drives/volumes to their appropriate
management class.

We do this on our Exchange server backups so that the Exchange DB's don't
intermingle with the regular data on the c & d drives and have their own
tapepools.

Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / TSM (ADSM)
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com

Stolen quote of the week:
"A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on
another computer. "