ADSM-L

Re: Autodelete of SQL backups

2000-03-21 12:57:31
Subject: Re: Autodelete of SQL backups
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:57:31 -0500
Bill,

>So I ran the autodelete
>command, successfully, and 2072 of 2373 objects were deleted.  When I
>check the node with the query occupancy command, it still shows all the
>versions exist.  Will I need to wait for the tapes that the deleted
>backups reside on get reclaimed, or is something else going on?  I ran
>the autodelete last Thursday and expiration and reclamation have run
>several times since then.

No, the query occupancy numbers will be adjusted after the expiration
process is run...if the backups are actually deleted.  Does the management
class to which the SQL backups are bound have the versions deleted copy
group parameter set to 0 as recommended in the TDP client User's Guide?
If not, then the objects will be retained in the server storage pool until
the retention period (retain only parameter) expires.

Chris Zaremba
TDP Client Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com