ADSM-L

Autodelete of SQL backups

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Subject: Autodelete of SQL backups
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I've got TDP (version 1.1.2) installed on an NT (4.0 sp5) client
(version 3.7.1.03) with 50 SQL databases.  Its been backing up for
several months and last week I noticed it was taking up nearly half a tb
of tape space - actually closer to 400 gb's.  So I ran the autodelete
command, successfully, and 2072 of 2373 objects were deleted.  When I
check the node with the query occupancy command, it still shows all the
versions exist.  Will I need to wait for the tapes that the deleted
backups reside on get reclaimed, or is something else going on?  I ran
the autodelete last Thursday and expiration and reclamation have run
several times since then.

My server version is 3.1.2.50.

--
Cordially,