ADSM-L

Re: Failed status on backups

2000-03-21 12:12:10
Subject: Re: Failed status on backups
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:12:10 -0600
the client determines if a scheduled backup is successful or fails

now on a changing file you might see a "failed" message in your sched.log
but look closer and you'll probably also see where a retry caught it (it
will try an additional "changingretries" number of times to back up the
file) that is if you have static set for the copy group serialization... if
you have dynamic you should just see it take the changed file (ouch)

so when you are saying "files failed to back up" are you refering to the
summary statistics at the end of the sched.log after a scheduled event ? ? ?

Dwight