ADSM-L

Re: Help! AIX HSM problem

2000-03-17 10:42:12
Subject: Re: Help! AIX HSM problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:42:12 -0500
>Please check /etc/security/limits or use smitty users. You probably want =
>to set fsize to -1 and fsize_hard to -1. This is in AIX not ADSM or HSM.

The /etc/security/limits fsize value would affect the creation or extension
of all files operated upon by the designated user; but John indicated that
"I can create files bigger than 4MB on other filesystems w/o problems",
so it doesn't look like a limits problem.  And I admit that I'm stumped as
to the cause.  John will have to perform stimulus-response tests to try to
uncover the cause.
   Richard Sims, BU