ADSM-L

Re: Copy Controls

2000-03-16 15:03:04
Subject: Re: Copy Controls
From: S W Branch <SWBRANC AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:03:04 -0600
I am running ADSM 3.1.2.40 as well. However, my results show that the number of
backup versions to keep does apply regardless of whether you have reached the #
days to keep extra backup versions. I ran the same type of query that Clarence
did using the dsmsched.log file (since it changes every day). My number of
backup versions to keep = 3 and number of days to retain extra backup versions =
90. I had copies of this file from 3/9, 3/10, 3/13, 3/14, 3/15 (for this node
backups aren't made on Sat & Sun). I had not run expiration for 2 days - that's
why I had 5 copies. Once I ran expiration the query returned 3 copies ( 3/13,
3/14, 3/15) - just as I expected.

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum
e-mail: swbranc AT ppco DOT com