ADSM-L

Can I retrieve files if userid is removed?

2000-03-16 10:01:38
Subject: Can I retrieve files if userid is removed?
From: "Matthew A. Bacchi" <mbacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:01:38 -0500
I have a customer who will be leaving, and his userid will be removed.  He has
been the user who has done ADSM archiving for years, and has used the SET
ACCESS command to give other users the ability to retrieve the data when he
leaves.  The question is, will ADSM care that the userid does not exist
anymore?

This is kindof a loaded question for two reasons.  I have tried this with a
local AIX userid.  After removal of the ID, I retrieved data with another
userid which I had granted access for retrieval.  But the twist is.... the
userid in question is an AFS user, and I cannot attempt a test of this type.
Will there be any complications due to the fact that it's an AFS account?

The last question, if the original user forgets to set a directory as
available for other users, will that preclude us from retrieving them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Matt
Matt Bacchi                              mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
IBM Global Services                     mbacchi AT btv.ibm DOT com
Dept. F6TG, MD Filesystems/Internet          (802) 769-4072
ADSM & AFS/DFS Backup                        (tie) 446-4072