ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:32:29
The Tivoli version of ADSM has all (well, most) of the components of =
the
ADSM product.  The problem is that because Tivoli has "made =
enhancements to
the product" (read that as put their label on it), and "it incorporates =
the
next release level functions" (read that as IBM was releasing this as
Version 4), Tivoli thinks it has the right to re-license the product =
and all
its components.  They will charge the customer for each and every =
component
the customer is willing to pay for.  Their take is that IBM was going =
place an upgrade charge on the new release anyway.

The quotes are my paraphrasing of reasons given to me and this only
expresses my version of (translation of) conversations I have had with
Tivolis' software folks.  My management had to re-negotiate our fees =
for
client, server, and agents to run 225 client, two servers, and 2 Oracle
agents - it wasn't cheap.

        Gary L. Ison
        Governor's Office for Technology
        101 Cold Harbor Drive
        Frankfort, Ky.   40601
        Phone:  (502) 564-8724
            Fax:  (502) 564-6856
E-mail: Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us <mailto:Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky
DOT us>