ADSM-L

DRM Losing tapes at the vault

2000-03-15 20:01:34
Subject: DRM Losing tapes at the vault
From: Nick Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:01:34 -0500
Curt,

Exactly right - it's the database backup tapes.  If you do a "delete
volhist type=dbb todate=xx" at any point make sure the xx is greater than
the value for "DB Backup Series Expiration Days" in "q drmstat".  DRM is
what asks for the tapes back from the vault, but if the "delete volhist"
already removed the entry for it, DRM can't find it.

You can turn off the "delete volhist" and set the "DB Backup Series
Expiration Days" to the desired retention length you want.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

"I'm one cookie away from happy." - Snoopy (Charles Schulz)