ADSM-L

Re: New Install AIX/TSM 3.7 Server Won't Start

2000-03-15 19:24:50
Subject: Re: New Install AIX/TSM 3.7 Server Won't Start
From: Tony Rynan <tonyr AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:24:50 +1100
Hi Joshua,

Sorry for the late reply....

There are two possible problems..... and number 2 is your problem.

1. AIX 433 swap space does not always start at gold code level. Make sure
you install the PTF2 set before installing anything else to resolve the
swapon error.

2. The TSM server code does not always correctly size /usr during the
install and actually fails to start TSM whilst building the db, log and
disk storage pools in /usr. It does not report a installp failure as the
installp actually worked, only the TSM startup fails. I nearly always
increase /usr by 200MB before installing the TSM server.

regards Tonyr

"Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM> on 15/03/2000 04:37:32