ADSM-L

TDP for MS Exch

2000-03-15 18:01:41
Subject: TDP for MS Exch
From: Joel Cooper <jocooper AT DTTUS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:01:41 -0600
Hi:
Has anyone ever seen Exchange DS fallover with a Dr. Watson related to TSM?

I have the latest b/a client code (3.7.1 IP 21806_3) and the latest TDP for
Exchange code (1.1.0.0 IP25816).

But this morning, my event log shows me a message by source: ADSM Client "Create
failed for the ADSM client performance counter thread list mutex. The mutex name
is in the attached data. "

Next, I get the message from source: perflib "The Open Procedure for service
"ADSM Client Performance" in DLL "dsmcperf.dll" failed.  Performance data for
this service will not be available. Status code  returned is DWORD 0. ".

Then within ONE SECOND, DSAMAIN.EXE dumps w/a Dr. Watson log.

Points I know of: I thought the TSM errors were an earlier bug in the b/a client
and the latest 3.7 and 3.1 client packages corrected them.

The clients I used to see these messages on before never had anything crash,
just saturation of my event logs.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

Joel Cooper