ADSM-L

Restoring a File from an Archive

2000-03-14 15:16:20
Subject: Restoring a File from an Archive
From: W_Bill Rose <W_Bill.Rose.B AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:16:20 -0500
ADSM Server for Windows NT - Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.20

Sure hope someone can help me with this one.

I need to be able to restore a file from an archive for a node that has been
retired and no longer in existence.
However, I do know the information is in a storage pool called ARCHIVE_DLT_1
because of the Management
Class configuration that says we keep all archives for 13 month.

There client node was taken offline back in October of 1999 so the information
should still be in ADSM.

I am using  the ADSM  Backup Client GUI to accomplish this. I select Utilities,
then Access Another Node. I then
type in the nodename of the node (It is still defined on the ADSM server) and
click on the Set button. Then when
I click on Retrieve I get the following message,

 Node ID unknown to server

and an OK button.

What am I doing wrong. The documentation indicates this is what I should be
doing.

Your help, experience, and talents as always are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill Rose