ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP but cannnot RESTORE

2000-03-13 05:02:36
Subject: Re: BACKUP but cannnot RESTORE
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:02:36 +0200
Hi Gerrit,

Did you do the backup and restore with the same Unix userid?

The only time I've seen this is with permissions.
You can run the following SQL query on your ADSM server to see if the file
is
actually in the ADSM database - this will pinpoint where the
problem is - on the client or the server:
select ll_name, state, backup_date, deactivate_date from adsm.backups where
NODE_NAME='YOURNODENAME' and LL_NAME='TEST.BACKUP'

Remember to put your nodename and filename in uppercase.

Let me know if something is not clear.

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank