ADSM-L

Re: Question on export/import & 9840 tapes.

2000-03-12 19:46:04
Subject: Re: Question on export/import & 9840 tapes.
From: "James W. Doll" <James_W._Doll AT NEWYORKLIFE DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:46:04 -0500
1. Have not done.  when we moved from one server to another we allow the old
copies do die there and create new copies over on the other server.

2.  We started to use  9840 last fall.  I added the 9840's as a new storage
groups changed the migration to go to the 9840's. For older data some of it was
moved from 3490E's to the 9840 via the move data command.  Other data was left
behind on 3490's tapes and will die there.  Took about 3 weeks to move the 27TB
of data to 9840 tapes.  Were no real problems in doing the moves.

If you have any questions give me a call.

Jim Doll
CNJ  Rm330B 908-236-3492
Fax 908-236-3668