ADSM-L

Re: drive not backed up on NT Server with v3.1.0.8

2000-03-12 08:09:45
Subject: Re: drive not backed up on NT Server with v3.1.0.8
From: "Ilja G. Coolen" <ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:09:45 +0100
Zeke,

As you've probably seen in the list,an answer to you problems has to do with
permissions.
Almost everyone will advise you to check if the Scheduler Service on the NT
Server is running under the SYSTEM account.
I would agree with them all, but it did not solve the problem at our site at
that time.

A very usefull solution would be, to create an account on the NT Domain,
that has Domain Admin priviledges that will only be used for the scheduler
service, so keep the password on a need to know bases.
This way, you will always have sufficient authority to read every file on
every server.

This is probably not the way it was intended by the creators, but it works
fine for me.

PS:
The size of the drive has nothing to do with this problem.

G.L.
(Good Luck)