ADSM-L

AW: Loooong running SELECT

2000-03-10 08:27:52
Subject: AW: Loooong running SELECT
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:27:52 +0100
Thanks to everyone who responded to my last mail!

We had to restore some large subdirectories (~150.000 files) with the
-IFNEWER option and it took about 30 minutes before ADSM requested
the first tape.
the first tape.
I got the impression that our ADSM DB is quite slow.
When the SELECT took hours and hours I contributed that to our slow DB.

Is there a way to check the DB performance?
Lets say there is a SELECT that should run in under n minutes for a
correctly setup DB?
Or how long should an EXPIRE INVENORY run to check 300.000 files?

We first installed ADSM/VM 2.1 2 years ago and then migrated to ADSM/VM 3.1.
Is there a way to reorg my DB?

Thank you very much for every performance hint!

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp