ADSM-L

Re: RAID vs. Separate Volumes

2000-03-09 20:47:39
Subject: Re: RAID vs. Separate Volumes
From: Kenneth & Susan Bury <kbury AT CAROLINA.RR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:47:39 -0500
We decided to switch from single disk volumes to RAID 5 on our ADSM server.
Performance was one consideration but more important was our concern for
reliability for our HSM and 'archiving with delete' operations. We just
could not afford to loose a single disk volume with data before it made it
to tape. And we could not afford to go to mirroring... So RAID 5 it is --
for us.

Ken