ADSM-L

New library

2000-03-09 16:57:33
Subject: New library
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 16:57:33 -0500
Hi all, I just got a new library, a 6-drive 60 slot library that I setup to
replace my old 4-drive 20 slot library. I defined the old library as a new
name but now my question is what is the best way to use my old library. I
have 4 primary storage pools defined with copy pools, three of them have
off-site disaster recovery copy pools too. I think I want to move on of the
primaries to the old library but I don't know how to move the media. The
tapes are the same, AIT, in both libraries, but of course, I had to setup
different device class names and it seems you can only have one library per
device class.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corporation