ADSM-L

Re: WIN32 Msg "Filespace not Known to server"

2000-03-09 15:24:06
Subject: Re: WIN32 Msg "Filespace not Known to server"
From: James Thompson <mezron AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:24:06 MST
Apar IC26076 seems to be a match for what you are seeing.  Here is
the description.

Backup of files on a mapped netware directory fail when using
the Backup Win32 GUI with error 'filespace not ready'.
In a netware 4.11 environment error message occurs if drive
is mapped with the root option.  In a netware 5 environment
the error occurs if drive is mapped through the NDS.
netwareserver volume:   works
tree organization server volume  fails
In both cases the adsm backup command line works.
LOCAL FIX:
Use adsm command line.  In netware 4.11 back up files using
a drive that is not 'map root'.  In netware 5 map through
the server and not through the nds.  Or use the netware
adsm web client.

It is supposed to be fixed in the Tsm 3.7 ptf 2.  Which I believe is
estimated to come out in April.

James