ADSM-L

Re: Network Free Rapid Recovery?

2000-03-09 11:18:29
Subject: Re: Network Free Rapid Recovery?
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:18:29 -0800
It was discussed thouroughly here at SHARE.  The presentation spent the
majority of time in dialog with the audience and the presenter.

I asked if it would be wrong to characterize this as

 "server - export/client - import' and the answer was "no'

You must have an operational client with an OS and ADSM running.
The restore is like importing in that its the complete package and not
on a file by file basis.

                ...joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley