ADSM-L

Does Anybody use a Virtualmountpoint's in ADSM

2000-03-09 09:57:56
Subject: Does Anybody use a Virtualmountpoint's in ADSM
From: Juan Obando <jobando AT MH.GOB DOT SV>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:57:56 -0600
Hi ADSM Guru's

We have a 3 nodes high availability cluster, with 2 nodes in our central Offices
configured with HACMP, sharing a library 3570-B11

In the 3 nodes we have ADSM for AIX Ver 3.1

But in the central site only one Node (The active node) have control
over the 3570 - B11 (ADSM is active in  one node a time)

My question is : How can i implement a virtualmount point in the
active node of my Central site to backup the filesystems of my
High availability nodes (nodes 2 and 3)

In the actual configuration we can't backup the Non shared
filesystem's of the nodes 2 and 3

I try a server to server  (for the remote node) but my installation is
not licenced to support this feature, in other hand in the central site
only one Node a time has the ADSM Server active due to ADSM
installation is in the shared filesystem (Nodes 1 and 2).

If you can help me (step for step, if possible) what are the changes
i have to make to the dsmserv.opt files.

Thanks in advance.

Juan Obando
AIX/HACMP/ADSM Guy
Ministerio de Hacienda