ADSM-L

B/A Client scheduling on a NT Cluster Environment

2000-03-07 19:18:40
Subject: B/A Client scheduling on a NT Cluster Environment
From: Gerardo Zapata <gzapata AT AVANTEL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:18:40 -0800
Hi,
I'm trying to use the Scheduler to automate backup and archive operations for a
NT Clustered Server (with two nodes). I want to backup two disk resources
within two groups. I checked the documentation and I found that it is necesary
to perform 4 stpes:
1. Register a node at the tsm server for each group you want to manage.

2. Configure a dsm.opt for each cluster group, specifing the forllowing options
for each one:

          NODENAME       node registered at the server
          DOMAIN         Disk resource (cluster)
          CLUSTERNODE    yes
          PASSWORDACCES  generate

3. Configure a TSM Scheduler Service at each node for each cluster group with
'dsmcutil'

4. Create a generic service resource for failover for each cluster group.

I made the configuration as the manual said but I couldn't get the scheduler to
work. I defined a schedule to perform an incremental backup, it didn't work. I
checked the dsmsched.log and I found the following errors:

ANS1228E
ANS1063E

These errrors refer to an error accesing the volume to backup, i.e
\\machine_name\d$.
I launched a manual backup through the command line and the GUI and I
encountered no problems doing the backup. I suppose the incremental action that
you specify when defining the schedule performs the same operation as the 'dsmc
i' command line command.

I would preciate any tip to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Gerardo Zapata
Tivoli Professional Services