ADSM-L

Problems w/newest clients

2000-03-07 11:19:46
Subject: Problems w/newest clients
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.AIS.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:19:46 -0500
Greetings,

I'm having problems testing the latest *sm clients (3.1.0.8 and/or
3.7.1) on both Netware 5 (SP4) and NT 4.0 (SP5) machines. Server is
3.1.220 on OS390. When I do a new install on a Netware 5 box I run Query
Session, type in the password, get the message - session established,
then it hangs and the system console shows an abend. This happens with
both flavors of client. 3.1.0.7 is running currently but we get
occasional hangs during scheduled backups and I understand 08 takes care
of these.

On NT boxes I get Dr. Watsoned when loading the client (admin runs
fine). 3.1.0.6Q is running with no problems.

Any insight appreciated. I know folks out there are running these (Any
NW 5.0 users out there?) so I must be missing something.

As an ancillary question, anyone know the functional differences between
these two clients?

Thanks

--
Jim Kirkman