ADSM-L

Re: A new Script for counting files by volume - with the script this time!!!

2000-03-04 13:32:23
Subject: Re: A new Script for counting files by volume - with the script this time!!!
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 10:32:23 -0800
Gary,   Hi!   Thanks for the script. (vol-files)  I first used it on a
tape that was around 30% utilized and still filling and it worked great.

I next tried it on a tape that was about to be reclamated that was
75% utilized and it blew up on the 6th user who had a million (?)
(I think?) files and your select uses 5 places (?)

Excuse my doubts of what I'm saying I'm still learning this stuff.

Anyway that's the great thing about sharing your work:
we the borrowers find the bugs and hopefully improve the program
for you !!!!    cheers ... joe.f.

(See you at Anaheim?  I'll owe you a beer a SCIDS....)

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley

P.S>   The Beer is free at SCIDs so it really means I'll go fetch