ADSM-L

dsmstat?

2000-03-03 16:34:37
Subject: dsmstat?
From: John Valdes <j-valdes AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:34:37 -0600
All,

I've searched the archives, but I couldn't find an answer to this:

What exactly does dsmstat do?  On our HSM clients, it will be spawned
by dsmreconcile, but often times, it appears that dsmreconcile is hung
waiting for dsmstat which itself appears to be hungf.  Also, dsmstat is
usually running w/ an integer as a command line argument, eg:

   PID    TTY STAT  TIME COMMAND
 18190      - A     0:01 /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsmstat 61444

what is the meaning of this value?

Thanks in advance.

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
j-valdes AT uchicago DOT edu                               University of Chicago