ADSM-L

TSM V3.7 new DB compress capability-running long

2000-03-07 13:09:05
Subject: TSM V3.7 new DB compress capability-running long
From: Tim Williams <Tim.Williams AT FRITOLAY DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:09:05 -0600
FYI-
I've opened up some ETRs (electronic Technical Response) concerning the
long running dsmserv unloaddb
and subsequent dsmserv loaddb
My environment is TSM on AIX with 3590 tape drives (B1A models).
This may turn into an apar....WAY too slow in my opionion.
25 GB (fragmented) took 15 hours (it appears-since TSM didn't
tell you how long it took...I had to go to other logging info to get
the time frame (3494/tape robot/log info).....
And the loaddb is looking that it will run close to 3 hours....
18 hours to do a 'compress' on my TSM database?
I'm currently doing this on a test system, this will be very
painful to do in production!
Be advised.
a loaddb took me 3 hours.
I did like the results though...not fragmented!! and had a 41% reduction!
Thanks Tim Williams Frito-Lay/PBSG Dallas Texas