ADSM-L

Backup of Raw Partitions

2000-03-03 11:15:23
Subject: Backup of Raw Partitions
From: Ray Baughman <rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:15:23 -0500
Hello All

I have two questions.  First does ADSM support backup and restore of AIX raw
filesystems?  We would like to place Oracle in Raw filesystems but we need
to ensure we can backup the files with ADSM before we do this.

Second, Is it possible to find the volumes which will be need when
reclaiming an offsite volume?  I have primary storage pools, where all
volumes are not kept in the library.  When I reclaim a copy storage pool
volume, I would like to know which volumes of the primary storage pool will
be mounted for the reclaim, so I can check in the these volumes before I
start the reclaim process.

Ray Baughman
National Machinery Co.
Phone:   419-443-2257
Fax:     419-443-2376
Email:   rbaughman AT nationalmachinery DOT com