ADSM-L

MOVE DATA associated volumes

2000-03-02 06:39:07
Subject: MOVE DATA associated volumes
From: Steven Bridge <ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:39:07 +0000
I am reclaiming space from tape volumes using the MOVE DATA command.
More often than not, after starting the command , you see that it
requires an associated tape volume as well as the one you are trying
to empty.

Is there any way I can determine, before giving the command,
what other tapes will be needed for successful completion of the
MOVE DATA command ?  When many of the tapes in question are outside of
the tape library, it will obviously be helpful to be able to load up
all the tapes that might be required at once.

 Steven Bridge     Systems Group, Information Systems, EISD
                          University College London
 email: s.bridge AT ucl.ac DOT uk                   tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2794