ADSM-L

Re: Sharing tapedrives between several adsm servers ???

2000-03-01 21:50:59
Subject: Re: Sharing tapedrives between several adsm servers ???
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 21:50:59 -0500
Just set the mountlimit on the devclass on each server to 8. Let OS390
handle the allocation and any contention if you suddenly ask for a 9th
drive. If you have any tape drive UCB's that are offline, you'll get the
usual Reply Device name or Cancel message. ADSM will also issue a WTOR
saying he was unable to allocate the device and do you want to Retry, Wait
or Cancel the request. You can use an automation package to reply to this. I
don't remember what the message number is. i should, we used to get them all
the time before we added 4 drives to our 3494 library.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.