ADSM-L

Re: Netware clients running long

2000-03-01 16:01:46
Subject: Re: Netware clients running long
From: Barbara Andrews <BAndrews AT ERIE1.WNYRIC DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 16:01:46 -0500
This was also happening to us with  ADSM Netware 3.1.0.7 client when
running an incremental backup.  The 3.1.0.8 client has a fix for this.

                    Jeff Keen
                    <JKeen AT CI DOT FLI        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    NT.MI.US>            cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Netware clients
                    "ADSM: Dist          running long
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    02/29/00
                    03:45 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

ADSM  Server 3.1.2.40 on AIX
ADSM Novell Client 3.1.0.7 on Netware 4.11

I have a couple of clients that are running extremely long? Per an earlier
reply on the list I set NWIGNORECOMPRESS BIT to YES. I also have
COMPRESSION YES and COMPRESSALWAYS NO.  I am getting the following message
that might be of some help:

02/29/2000 04:39:32 (TSA410.NLM 4.15 266) This data set is in use and
cannot be accessed at this time.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff