ADSM-L

Re: A simple backup question

2000-03-01 10:47:24
Subject: Re: A simple backup question
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:47:24 -0500
Geniuses!!! ooooooh *HEAD SWELLING*
hey, we're all rookies.

Simple question, maybe. Simple answer, never!

What kind of production machine is this? Is it an machine with an active
database which either needs to be shut down or requires and agent, like
Exchange,Notes, SQL etc?

If so then that is what they refer to as a cold backup. You can very well
have backed up without and failures. There issue of course is that data may
be changing.

So, back to my original question. What are we backing up?

Thanks -
CR

Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / TSM (ADSM)
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837