ADSM-L

Re: HSM disaster!

2000-02-29 06:18:33
Subject: Re: HSM disaster!
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:18:33 +0100
On 29-Feb-00 Reinhard Mersch wrote:
>  >   Restore isn't the problem, but can you explain me how I can restore
>>300GB in
>  >   a 140GB filesystem?
>
> dsmc restore restoremigstate=yes ...

  That works only in a HSM-filesystem, and as I said before, I can't make a
  HSM-filesystem on IRIX 6.5.7.....
  Btw, it seems that the combination IRIX 6.5.7 and HSM kills us.....
  We downgrade to IRIX 6.5.4, activate HSM and are restoring now
  (First dsmc restore dirsonly, then dsmmigundelete to restore all the stubsizes
   and then dsmc restore replace=no, and you know why this scenario? Because
  dsmc restore restoremigstate=yes restores all files online, which of course
  is an other bug....)

> This will restore the stub files.

  Not with the IRIX client.....

> But the online help mentions the following conditions ...
>
>           You can restore files from an ADSM server to stub files on the
>           local file system only if all of the following conditions are
>           true:
>
>              + The ADSM HSM client is installed and active.

  Which is impossible on IRIX 6.5.7....

>              + The file exists in the migration storage pool.

  Cheers,
  Henk.