ADSM-L

Admin GUI

2000-02-28 07:24:47
Subject: Admin GUI
From: Walter Ridderhof <Walter.Ridderhof AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:24:47 +0000
     I.M.H.O

     even though complaints are plentifull on the dropping of the Admin GUI
     I believe Tivoli will remain headstrong and continue to reply 'You've
     got the WEB interface, what are you complaining about'.

     Well I still prefer the GUI and I love it. If they're not going to
     give us the GUI then give us the @#&?!! admin api and let third party
     providers build a GUI on any platform they like (I believe SSSI has
     trodded this area ?). I'd rather pay for that than being forced to use
     something I just plain do not like to use, and it was and still is a
     usability issue.

     regards Walter Ridderhof

     P.S. the reply about using JAVA holds truth, cross platform GUI should
     indeed not be an issue.