ADSM-L

Re: Windows Admin GUI

2015-10-04 17:33:44
Subject: Re: Windows Admin GUI
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>Let's argue to get the Web interface to work better

Worth a try.

>That is the future, whether we like it or not.

Well, it doesn't *have* to be.  It saves developers work, but at the
obvious expense of performance and customer satisfaction.  The customer's
money supports development, and should specify the nature of the product
that one pays for, which has to meet business needs.  Standard statement
of "tail should not wag dog".  I believe we're about a year and a half
into waiting for a satisfactory web interface - and probably time for
development to admit that it's not a realistic objective anymore.
   Richard Sims, BU