ADSM-L

Re: Windows Admin GUI

2000-02-25 05:34:25
Subject: Re: Windows Admin GUI
From: Andreas Buser <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:34:25 +0100
Hi Eric,

I fully agree with you. The missing admin gui in TSM is a pain. For daily
bussiness, which means working with hundresds of elements (Filespaces,
Volumes Clients, etc.)  the missing features sorting, exporting filtering
in a fast an easy way is an absolute must.

Web-Interface is slow, userunfriendly and uneffective. It's good wor
occasional requests, when I'm not at my personal place.

The missing admin gui is one of the reasons, why we are still at ADSM 3.1!

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungen
Andreas Buser
Abt. Informatik
Aeschengraben 21
4002 Basel
Switzerland

                    "Loon, E.J.
                    van - SPLXM"         An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <Eric-van.Loo        Kopie:
                    n AT KLM DOT NL>            Thema:  Windows Admin GUI
                    Gesendet von:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    25.02.00
                    09:32
                    Bitte
                    antworten an
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi folks!
I can't speak for other users on this list, but I would VERY much like to
see the Windows Admin GUI returned in TSM! I personally use it on a daily
basis and I really tried the web interface, but I can't do without the sort
and export (comma delimited) capabilities.
I also send this mail to the ADSM-R list, I hope there will be enough
supporters for my requirement.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon