ADSM-L

Deleting MS Exchange Backup.

2015-10-04 17:33:44
Subject: Deleting MS Exchange Backup.
From: Boireau, Eric (MED) [mailto:BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi All,
I have a issue that I cannot resolve. I am testing the ADSM / TSM (both)
Agent for Exchange. I am not able to delete old backup, either in command
line or with the GUI. Either I specify the Backup File that I want to del=
ete
or using the option /adsmdelete, the backup are not visible from the clie=
nt,
but still on the server. I have try to change the Mgmt Class configuratio=
n.
It seems to do nothing.
The only way that I found to delete old backup is to delete all the backu=
using the Admin delete filespace in the GUI.

I didn't find any answer except using select and delete object statement.=
=20
Does expire inventory is mandatory or audit lic is enought to see the
storage volume decrease after deleting old backup. (For delete object aud=
it
lic is enough, my question is for the Agent GUI and/or the /adsmdelete
option)

My config :=20
Server : ADSM 3.1.2.20 NT
Client : ADSM NT (3.1.0.7 & 3.1.0.8) / Exchange Agent (Tryed 1.1.0B, 1.1.=
1,
1.1.1.01)

Thanks,

Salutations / Best Regards=20
g            GE Medical Systems=20
Eric Boireau                               Global Systems=20
Server Architect / Technology & Infrastructure Team

GE Medical Systems S.A=20
283, rue de la Mini=E8re=20
78533 BUC Cedex France=20
T=E9l: (33) 1 30 70 39 32,  DC: 8*644 3932=20
Fax: (33) 1 30 70 42 30, DC: 8*644 4230=20
mailto:Eric.Boireau AT med.ge DOT com=20