ADSM-L

Deleting MS Exchange Backup.

2000-02-16 15:06:44
Subject: Deleting MS Exchange Backup.
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:06:44 +0100
Hi All,
I have a issue that I cannot resolve. I am testing the ADSM / TSM (both)
Agent for Exchange. I am not able to delete old backup, either in command
line or with the GUI. Either I specify the Backup File that I want to delete
or using the option /adsmdelete, the backup are not visible from the client,
but still on the server. I have try to change the Mgmt Class configuration.
It seems to do nothing.
The only way that I found to delete old backup is to delete all the backup
using the Admin delete filespace in the GUI.

I didn't find any answer except using select and delete object statement.
Does expire inventory is mandatory or audit lic is enought to see the
storage volume decrease after deleting old backup. (For delete object audit
lic is enough, my question is for the Agent GUI and/or the /adsmdelete
option)

My config :
Server : ADSM 3.1.2.20 NT
Client : ADSM NT (3.1.0.7 & 3.1.0.8) / Exchange Agent (Tryed 1.1.0B, 1.1.1,
1.1.1.01)

Thanks,

Salutations / Best Regards
g            GE Medical Systems
Eric Boireau                               Global Systems
Server Architect / Technology & Infrastructure Team

GE Medical Systems S.A
283, rue de la Minière
78533 BUC Cedex France
Tél: (33) 1 30 70 39 32,  DC: 8*644 3932
Fax: (33) 1 30 70 42 30, DC: 8*644 4230
mailto:Eric.Boireau AT med.ge DOT com